Milling and paving work will begin at 8 p.m. Friday, June 26
Contractors for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet’s I-Move Kentucky Project are continuing significant roadway improvement work this weekend to lessen impacts on weekday travelers.
Crews will perform milling and paving work on Interstate 71 southbound at the interchange with the Gene Snyder Freeway (I-265). Work in this area will start around 8 p.m. Friday and continue through 6 a.m. Monday. Drivers should be cautious when traveling in this area. Signage and flaggers will be in place to alert drivers of lane closures and construction zones.
- One lane of I-71 southbound will be closed.
- Three ramps at the interchange will be closed overnight at various times during the weekend:
- I-71 southbound to I-265 southbound
- I-71 southbound to I-265 northbound
- I-265 northbound to I-71 southbound
- Starting tonight at 8 p.m.
- Ending Monday, June 29 at 6 a.m.
- Located between mile point 8.7 and mile point 9.8 of I-71
Work schedules may be adjusted due to inclement weather or other unforeseen delays occur.
About I-Move Kentucky
The I-Move Kentucky project includes improvements to four, major sections of I-265, I-71 and I-64 through a heavily traveled corridor in Jefferson and Oldham counties. Work on the I-Move project is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2023. Stay informed through the following channels:
Website – www.I-MoveKY.com
Facebook – facebook.com/IMoveKY/
Twitter – twitter.com/IMoveKY
Email alerts/newsletters – Signup at www.I-MoveKY.com
Mobile alerts – Text “IMOVEKY” to 50597